Well, the cat is the bag in this case. The most popular cat in my house, Pete the Cat, made it into our Valentine’s Day treat plans. This little bag perfectly holds a snack size candy or treat!
Pete the Cat Crochet Treat Bag
Skill Level: Easy
Materials: yarn needle, scissors, colorful 1/2″ buttons
Yarn: I Love This Yarn Worsted Solid in Navy Blue, Vanna’s Glamour Yarn in Gold, and Caron Simply Soft Yarn in Black and White
Substitutions: any worsted, aran, or dk weight yarn (don’t double up on eyes if using worsted)
Gauge: doesn’t matter for this pattern.
Hook Size: G & I
st or sts – stitch or stitches
ch – chain stitch
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
Special Stitches: surface stitch – watch a video here
With hook I
1) Ch 22, dc 4th ch from hook (counts as a dc), dc in each ch to end. Continue working along other side of chain, dc across, slst (40)
2) Ch 3 (counts as dc here and after), dc between dc’s from previous row behind current dc, *sk 2 dc, 2 dc in sp between dc’s* around, slst (40)
3-10) Repeat row 2
11) ch 1, sc in same st, sc 9, make ears.
1) *ch 5, slst 2nd ch from hook, sc 3rd ch, hdc 4th ch, dc last ch, sk 3 st of bag*, slst 3, repeat *to*, slst 2, turn
2) ch 1, slst across and behind row 1 of ears in 3rd stitches, then side of dc from last row + blo of row 11 of bag (securing the ears to the bag as you work). This row will also help hold the ears upright. Stop at one st past the first ear, turn (appx 11 slst)
3) ch 1, *sc 4, ch 2, sc in loop of ch1 from previous row, sc blo 4 st down ear*, slst 4 center of ear, repeat *to*, slst, sc 10, sk, ch 3 (button loop), slst, fo
1) with double wrapped gold, MR, hdc 8, join
2) ch 3, *slst 2nd from hook, sc 3rd from hook, sk*, slst 5, repeat *to*, slst 3 pulling up white with last slst
3) slst 5 into center of MR going around tail in the back of each slst to hold in a nice surface st style circle
4) backstitch around the bottom of the white portion of the eye. Sew on.
Ch 3, slst 2nd ch from hook, hdc next ch, ch 1, sew on
You are welcome to sell your finished items from this pattern. However, please do not copy, share, or redistribute the pattern itself in any manner. Please provide a link to my website if you choose to sell your finished items online, even if adjustments or embellishments have been made to my pattern. If you change the name to the item when you sell, mention the pattern name and link so that other people can find it).
You may link in this way: Pete the Cat Treat Bag Crochet Pattern by Hannah at brightsideis.com.
If you have any questions or need help with this pattern, please contact me at email@example.com as I am happy to help you. – Hannah